- Bye Grease Degreaser
- Green Fizz Bike Wash
- Bike Lust Polish
- Pedro’s Chain Lubricant
- Tools: Rag or Cloth, Pedro’s Toothbrush, Hose or similar water source, Wheel Brush or Sponge
- Pedro’s Mini Pit Kit with Bucket, sponge, frame / wheel brush, toothbrush, rag, and basic tools.
- Pedro’s chain cleaning machine Chain Pig II, quickly and easily cleans all surfaces of your chain.
- Pedro’s Folding Repair Stand, provides the best way to hold your bike for easy cleaning.
- Pedro’s Chain Keeper, Holds your chain in place
1. POSITION BIKE: Clamp the bike in a repair stand or lean it securely against a wall with drivetrain facing you.
2. APPLY DEGREASER: Before wetting the bike, apply Bye Grease degreaser to chain, cassette, and chainrings. Though it can be directly applied, a good way to apply the degreaser is to squirt it into the bristles of the Toothbrush and then use a light scrubbing motion to coat the surfaces. Bye Grease degreaser can be diluted with water if less strength is desired, for instance in Chain Pig II chain cleaning machine 50/50 Bye Grease and water is a good mix.
3. APPLY BIKE WASH: Begin applying Green Fizz to the bike starting in front and working backward. Green Fizz can be used straight out of the bottle. Simply spray on, wait a minute, and rinse with water as described in next step. If your bike is completely caked in mud, using Green Fizz diluted in a bucket of water with a brush works best. After filling the bucket with water, add about 2 - 3dl Green Fizz per 5 liter of water. Dip the brush into the bucket and scrub all surfaces. Green Fizz is safe on all parts and won’t wash away grease so hit everything you want cleaned.
4. RINSE WITH WATER: Using a hose or water bottle, rinse off the whole bike using low to medium pressure. Spend some time focused on rinsing on the drivetrain to ensure all degreaser is removed. Backpedalling the drive train while rinsing helps ensure removal of all degreaser.
5. DRY OFF: Using a clean rag or cloth, dry off all parts of the bike. Dry off the drivetrain parts last making sure to run the chain through the rag to remove as much water as possible.
6. POLISH: Apply Bike Lust polish to frame and component surfaces using a clean rag to make your next cleaning even easier! Watch out for brake pads and braking surfaces. Bike Lust is slippery stuff!
7. LUBE: Choose the Pedro’s lubricant that matches riding conditions. When chain is dry, and at least 1 hour before riding, apply lube to the rollers of the chain while backpedalling. After applying, continue backpedalling for a 2-3 full cycles of the chain and then let sit for 5-10 minutes to let lubricant properly set up on chain. Finally make sure to wipe off any excess lubricant from the outer surfaces of the chain to prevent contamination.
8. ENJOY YOUR RIDE! A properly cleaned bike will make you next ride safer, quieter, problem free and MORE FUN! ENJOY!